Pink Pups Designs

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Busy busy bee!

   That's me!  A busy bee lately!  The orders seemed to be flying in for a while... which is wonderful, and is keeping me busy.   A short weekend trip to Atlanta for Mother's Day weekend (literally in Atlanta for 24 hours, the rest of the time was spent on the road driving to and from ATL).  After the Atlanta weekend, we were gearing up for vacation.   This included working longer hours Monday through Wednesday, finishing up the open orders I had, doing laundry, packing, some pre-trip pampering (pedicure), and getting the dogs ready to drop off with our friends for the trip.
   We had a very early Thursday morning flight to Chicago that week.  LOVE Chicago!   We stayed in the city for 4 nights, close to the river.  Lots of walking, eating pizza, stopping at other recommended eateries, a Cubs vs. Sox game at Wrigley, date night dinner, shopping, sightseeing (architectural boat tour, Navy Pier, Willis (Sears) Tower, John Hancock Observatory, Milennium Park & the "Bean," etc)...   WORE my feet out!  But I do enjoying walking when we visit the "big" cities.  You get to see cute little shops, restaurants, and other little unique places you may miss in a cab ride.   We also took the "L" train a few times too!
   The weather was a complete temperature mixture while we were there.  Highs of 71, 84, 90, 93, and 65!   From 60's to 90's in a few short days!  We were intending for a break from the Florida heat, but it seemed to follow us for a couple days.   We also spent most of one day outside of Chicago, meeting my cousins and their families for a little get together and dinner.   Overall, a great trip, and I can't wait to go back!

   Even this week has been crazy busy so far.  Got home Monday from the airport around 6pm - unpacked and took a little nap (tired!), work Tuesday, then went to visit my mom in the hospital (She had surgery on Monday morning - almost 1.5 hour drive each way, but worth it!), work Wednesday, then had some friends come stay the night before they left for a trip to Indy (we are dog sitting for them, since they just dog sat for us), work today, laundry, cleaning & working on orders...   A few picture below from Chi town (maybe I went a little overboard... hehe!)









    I have a few more orders to finish up this week.  Planning a movie date night on Friday, then to visit my mom on Saturday, outlet shopping, and pool/hang out with friends the rest of the Memorial Day weekend!  Also, I cannot post during the day now (blocked at work :(  )  so I have to put more of an effort to post after work (like now - late night :)  )    I hope you have a wonderful, fun filled (or relaxing) Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun on vacation. Chicago has always been a city I've wanted to visit, I just haven't made it there yet.

    P.S. I can't believe blogger got blocked at work! How rudddde. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooke - I think you'd love Chicago too! I hope you're enjoying your vacation/one year anniversary trip! Hawaii is a place I want to visit! And yes, so sad blogger seems to be blocked at work now :(

      Delete